Perette Barella: My Life in Bullet Points and Pictures
What have I done in my life?
- Rode carousels and tractors
- Jumped in leaf piles, had birthday parties, and went
- Grew up with hand-eye coordination issues probably related to Autism
- Looked at a teddy bear
- Wrote anti-consumerist propaganda (and made some videos playing on advertising macros)
- Went to a technical high school and studied electronics
- Ran a computer club
- Fought off a pirate
- Befriended the pirate and took him hiking
- Went hiking with my mom and spread my father's ashes
- Extended TRS-80 Color BASIC to support modem I/O, and had a dial-in BBS that I wrote myself
- Studied computer science, psychology, physics, chemistry,
anatomy, physiology, microbiology, and massage
- Had awesome friends who stood by me through hard times
- Butchered a deer & dissected a human while studying
- Eaten chicken, bacon, ham, beef, alligator, ostrich, venison and sushi
- Hung out with the Rocky Horror Picture Show crowd and opened my
- Cycled Prince Edward Island with my mom
- Had a sex change, but outgrew the infatuation
- Modeled both clothed and nude, vanilla and fetishy for
- Attended corporate functions with my sweetie
- Suffered a mental breakdown under capitalistic pressures
- Took a DBT class and pieced myself back together
- Worked in the sex industry as a dominatrix. Nobody should be
forced to do sexwork, but for me it was a fantastic
opportunity to study and explore human sexuality. I marked up my
own website and advertising, too:
- Served on the board of the Rochester Kink Society
- Got parking tickets and a speeding ticket
- Been a human pony, and even built my own cart
- Been catheterized for fun (but mixed feelings about it)
- Bike toured from Montreal to Ottawa, to
Mont Laurier and around with my mom
- Toured solo from Rochester through the Catskills, Adirondacks and around Lake Ontario
- Bicycled the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive
- Been socially awkard, and made some mistakes that hurt or offended others. I feel bad about that, when I think about it.
- Wrote, directed, performed and edited sketch comedy:
- Written code in C, C++, Python, TypeScript, Pascal, Korn Shell, assembly and numerous other languages
- Went bicycle touring with groups and family in Ontario,
Vermont, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Tennessee, North Carolina,
Virginia, the Nederlands, Wisconsin, Quebec, New York and PEI.
- Published all the articles on my website as well as a collection of short fetish erotica and a novel (under a pseudonym).
- Smashed stuff, built stuff, fixed stuff, and did stuff
- Developed a music server
- Worked menial jobs like cashiering, counting inventory, and developing websites
- Worked at a shipping company, moving an estimated 15 tons of parcels/day by hand and parking their well-recognized brown trucks within 6″ of each other in preparation for loading during holiday season.
- Acquired a commercial driver's license and carted school kids around.
- Cycle Georgian Bay & Manitoulin Island
- Cycle the St Lawrence—
US section, Canadian section Cycle the Katy Trail Bike the Delaware River to its headwaters
- Learn more Aerial—
silk, lyra, static trapeze, pole, swinging Chinese pole
- Backpack or bike Europe, Australia, New Zealand, India, and Asia
- Explore the US West and Southwest
Bike to Ramblewood
- Try living in an intentional community
Visit a certain fetishy store in the Kitchener-Waterloo area
This page is full of stuff I've done and things I intend to do rather than junk I've owned and crap I want. I do appreciate items I own when they contribute to the things I do, and have few possessions that serve no purpose.
Looking forward to stimulating new experiences is a major contributor to my happiness.