This travelogue will follow a 2020 trip traveling from Rochester, New York, up the Genesee River to the headwaters near Ulysses, Pennsylvania; then downstream along the Alleghany River to Pittsburgh. I'll travel east over the Allegheny Mountains to Altoona, then Duncannon, PA. After a side-trip to Lancaster County, I'll follow the Susquehanna River upstream to Waverly, NY. I'm looking forward to a night at O'Brien's in (if not the hill up to it), which, when I passed it last year, looked like it had a spectacular view of the Chemung River. From there I'll head to Watkins Glen, pass along Seneca Lake, and catch the Erie Canal back to home.
- Cue sheets: metric (km) or imperial (miles)
- Route sheets: metric (km) or imperial (miles)
- Route resources (campgrounds, bike shops and grocery stores)
- Resources booklet with centerfold calendar---for printing double-sided, using short edge/flip binding
- Rochester to Ulysses via Mt Morris/Ridge Campground [113 miles]
- Ulysses to Pittsburgh [306 miles]
- Pittsburgh to Duncannon, PA [258 miles]
- Duncannon, PA to Indian Marker and Back [113 miles]
- Duncannon, PA back to New York border [199 miles]
- Southern Tier to Rochester, NY
Adventure is expected to start on this day. After completing the trip, photos and stories are collected here. If you want to follow me before then, you may subscribe to my adventure mail.